Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Heart Rhubarb

Rhubarb is one of my favourite things about spring.  I love it in many forms- stewed, baked, or even raw with a bit of sugar.  It's tart and reminds me of when my grandmother would make desserts with it. I love seeing the bulbs peek out of the garden in April and then grow to have large leaves and bright red stalks.  I found a rhubarb plant at one of our neighborhood garden centres and decided to add it to another garden bed.

Next weekend is Mother's day and I'm going to attempt to bake a rhubarb coffee cake from Martha Stewart for my mother-in-law.  I have a bag of frozen rhubarb from last year in the freezer that I'll use. I'll post pics and will let you know how it turns out!

In the meantime, Martha's website has 25 (!) different recipes for working with rhubarb. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...