Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies

We're having a few people over for dinner & I was trying to think of an easy dessert I could serve when I stumbled on the latest cooking club challenge from Chatelaine. This challenge is about cookies- they offered up 5 different recipes to try. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best thing to do and I happened to have the ingredients in my pantry and fridge for chocolate chip cookies, so away I went.

This recipe is so easy to follow, and the results are amazing. The cookies are ooey, gooey good. They're great on their own or would be great in an ice cream sandwich (just layer a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies).

Recipe
2 & 1/4 cups of all purpose flour (I used 2 cups of flour and for added texture, used 1/4 cup 7 grain cereal)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I used a fine sea salt)
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1 & 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar (I like dark brown sugar the best for baking)
1 egg
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of chocolate chips




Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Use non-stick baking sheets and an ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies.
  • Stir together dry ingredients (flour, soda, salt)

Cream together (I use a hand mixer) the butter with brown sugar (takes about a minute).
Add vanilla and egg to the creamy mixture, mix it all together.


Add flour mixture to the creamy mixture- the dough will start to come together. It should be sticky. 
Add chocolate chips, fold them in.

Spoon out an ice cream scoop sized portion onto the baking sheets; leave 2" of space between them.
Don't press down on the scoop, it was spread out as it bakes.
Bake for 8-10 minutes then cool.
I used a good sized ice cream scoop so I ended up with 2 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...