|Beautiful walnut spice zucchini bread|
3 small zucchini, ideally fresh from the farmer's market or garden
1 cup medium to dark brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp granulated white sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla bean paste (it has a nice syrupy consistency and is packed with flavor)
2 large eggs
1 & 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 cup of walnut pieces
More details after the cut!
1) I start off with a loaf pan and using a non-stick spray, I coat the inside completely. I also pre-heat my oven to 350 degrees.
|One of my prized possessions- a loaf pan from my grandmother. She was a fantastic baker- she grew up in a very large family and would tell stories of baking her first loaf of bread at the age of six.|
3) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the sugars, vanilla paste, oil, and eggs.
|The mixture will get a creamy consistency.|
5) Add the mixed dry ingredients to your bowl of wet ingredients. Stir it together until it forms a batter. Warning: it smells amazing!
|This is the batter consistency you should achieve after mixing it together.|
7) Pour the batter mixture into your greased loaf pan. Then, sprinkle walnut pieces on top. Press them in a tiny bit so they're in the batter.
9) I like to sprinkle a very light touch of coarse sea salt on it and then leave it to cool. Once completely cooled, remove from the loaf pan.
There are so many wonderful ways to enjoy this bread- you can have it with jam (I recommend my lavender honey blueberry jam as an example), use it in French toast, or have it just on its own with a little bit of butter. Goes very well with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!