Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dinner at Two Doors Down Halifax

Today is our four-year wedding anniversary; to celebrate, we went out for dinner at Two Doors Down in Halifax. It's a great casual restaurant that focuses on using seasonal, local ingredients.  Their menu is great- it's divided into three categories: meat, fish, vegetables.  This was our second visit and it was just as good as the previous visit we made earlier this summer (which was delicious!)

The heirloom tomato salad with goat cheese was a tasty appetizer. As you've probably guessed from my garden blog posts, I love tomatoes... I may have been accused on several occasions of being even a little obsessed with them. Not the bland grocery store variety- the in-season, local heirloom variety. These hit the mark perfectly.

Then, I had the burger. Not just any burger. It's described as:
Old School Cheeseburger
house ground PEI chuck, brisket, and short rib, house 
made cheese slice, burger sauce, sea salt fries

It was the best burger I've had at a restaurant.  Hands down the best.

Lastly, the meal ended with a peach cheesecake. To make it even better, it was a de-constructed cheesecake served in a jar and it contained peach preserves.  Given the amount of canning I do, I loved seeing this!


Going out for dinner is a fun way to inspire at-home meals; I'll definitely use more goat cheese with tomatoes. I'm also imagining making the cheesecake in jars with blueberry preserves, or maybe the strawberry-rhubarb jam I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...