Thursday, August 1, 2013

Are We There Yet? Update on Fermenting Dill Pickles

I am so excited about my first time trying fermentation to make dill pickles.  It is such a test of patience!

I'm using a ziploc bag half filled with water as a weight to keep the pickles submerged.  The crock lid goes on top of the whole thing to keep it sealed.



 I've checked on them three times (I'm on day five) and haven't seen a whole lotta action. Little bubbling, but not much. Little bit of scum to remove, but not much. I'm hoping by day 10, I'll see more pickle goodness.  The color of the cukes has changed, so that's gotta be a good sign, right? Stay tuned for more updates.



Original post about fermenting can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...